NAC 449.314 Quality of care; scope of services. (NRS 449.0302)
1. A hospital must be administered in a manner that enables the hospital to use its resources effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of and provide quality care to its patients. The governing body of a hospital shall develop and provide services for the care of its patients based on the identified needs of those patients.
2. The scope of services provided by each department, unit or service within a hospital must be defined in writing and must be approved by the administration and the medical staff of the hospital. Each department, unit or service within a hospital shall provide patient care in accordance with its scope of services. The policies and procedures of a hospital and of each department, unit or service within the hospital must, to the extent necessary, be integrated with the policies and procedures of the other departments, units and services within the hospital.
3. The governing body of a hospital shall:
(a) Ensure that the competence of all members of the hospital staff is assessed, maintained, demonstrated and improved;
(b) Provide an orientation process for persons hired to work at the hospital that includes initial job training and information; and
(c) Assess the ability of the members of the hospital staff to fulfill their specified responsibilities.
4. A hospital shall ensure that it is staffed by a sufficient number of personnel, whose qualifications are consistent with their job responsibilities, to provide care to the patients of the hospital.
5. The chief executive officer of a hospital is responsible for operating the hospital in accordance with the authority conferred on him or her by the governing body.
(Added to NAC by Bd. of Health by R050-99, eff. 9-27-99)