Reporting And Data

If an order form of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA 222) has been lost or stolen, a pharmacist must immediately report the loss or theft to the DEA.

All loss or theft of controlled substances must be reported to the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy, the Nevada State Police Investigative Division, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

If a pharmacy becomes aware of any unusual or excessive loss or disappearance of a product that is a precursor to methamphetamine while the product is under the control of the pharmacy, the pharmacy must make an oral and written report to the NV Department of Public Safety.

Although many of these requirements apply to individual medical professionals and other types of hospitals and health care facilities, the information is presented solely to support Critical Access Hospitals. The reporting requirements and legal mandates on this site are not an exhaustive list and Nevada Rural Hospital Partners, Inc. bears no responsibility or liability for any hospitals' or providers' failure to comply with Federal or State laws or regulations.