Hospitals must report patient discharge billing data.
Each hospital in this State (NRS449.485)
Each months data is to be submitted within 45 days of the end of each month. For example, January data must be submitted by March 15th.
Each hospital in this State shall provide the information required in an electronic form specified by the Department of Health and Human Services. The Division of Health Care Financing and Policy has contracted with the Center for Health Information Analysis (CHIA) to collect this data.
Data Submission: https://www.chiaunlv.com/HealthFacilityData/DataSubmission.php
Data Submission Formats: https://www.chiaunlv.com/HealthFacilityData/DataSubmissionFormats.php
Joseph Greenway, MPH (Contact for technical questions on UB Inpatient data of Center operations and procedures)
Principal Investigator, Director
Deysi Felix (Contact for UB data submission)
Systems Programmer (Contact for custom reports and data analysis)
CHIA provides facility billing and utilization data of health facilities operating within the state of Nevada. This data is only available for valid research, and does not include personal private patient identifiers. Data usage validity will be determined during the "Limited Data Set Use" approval process, which starts after completing the first of the following steps. More information can be found here: https://chiaunlv.com/HealthFacilityData/AcquiringData_Services.php
NRS 449.485 Hospital required to use discharge form prescribed by Director; electronic monthly reporting; exception to electronic reporting; use of information by Department.
1. Each hospital in this State shall use for all patients discharged a form prescribed by the Director and shall include in the form all information required by the Department. Any form prescribed by the Director must be a form that is commonly used nationwide by hospitals, if applicable, and comply with federal laws and regulations.
2. Each hospital in this State shall, on a monthly basis, report to the Department the information required to be included in the form for each patient. The information reported must be complete, accurate and timely.
3. Each insurance company or other payer shall accept the form as the bill for services provided by hospitals in this State.
4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 5, each hospital in this State shall provide the information required pursuant to subsection 2 in an electronic form specified by the Department.
5. The Director may exempt a hospital from the requirements of subsection 4 if requiring the hospital to comply with the requirements would cause the hospital financial hardship.
6. The Department shall use the information submitted pursuant to this section for the program established pursuant to NRS 439A.220 to increase public awareness of health care information concerning the hospitals in this State.